Monday 22 February 2016

Is Kissing in Movies Real or make Believe? - Majid Explains

Movies?are make believe and so on screen, viewers think everything is real, including kissing.

Majid with Ahuof3 Patri on set
But well-loved actor, Majid Michel, has revealed that kissing in movies doesn’t happen by chance as they look in the final product because the actors involved go through a thorough screening and put in a lot of effort to make it ‘real.’



“Of course it is a make believe so we have to make it look real, but before that happens the actors involved do a lot of self-check.

“You can easily contract a disease through kissing and what most people don’t know is that we go through thorough medical check-up when a movie requires that we kiss,” the Ghana Movie Awards (GMA) Best Actor revealed on Sunday, February 21 on the set of his latest movie, Amakye and Dede.

“You can’t take anything for granted just because you want to give off your best. Yes, we are zealous about what we do in movies, but we also take the necessary precautions when we have to be intimate with other colleagues on set,” the versatile actor said.

Although Majid who has played loads of lover boy roles could not mention a figure, he disclosed he has kissed a lot of women in films. “I have lost count of the women I have kissed since I started acting but my latest kiss in a movie is with Ahoufe Patricia of Kalybos series fame. We are starring in Amakye and Dede,” he stated.

Touching on how his wife feels about the love scenes, Majid said his wife Virna is comfortable with what he does in movies. “My wife understands the kind of job I do and she is very supportive.

“She is always aware of all the movies that require that I kiss and get intimate with another lady. She sometimes accompanies me on set so that she sees everything for herself. I have been kissing different ladies since the days of Things We Do for Love so it is no big deal for my wife,” he told Showbiz.

Asked if the intimate actions on set stir any amourous feelings, Majid answered in the negative. “I do not get any feelings. Look, you are not alone with the actress in some secluded place. Everybody is there—crew, colleague actors, cameras, lights among others.

All I focus on, is to do whatever I am supposed to do so well that it is almost real.

“Acting is make believe and because I don’t want to come across as fake in the film, I put myself in whatever I do including kissing zealously,” he added.
Talking about Amakye and Dede which stars other actors like Emelia Brobbey, John Dumelo, Kalybos, Grace Nortey, Dabo, Kobi Rana among others, Majid who plays the role of a mechanic said he believes it will be one of the best movies he has ever done because of its storyline and cast involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment