Thursday 15 October 2015

18-yr-Old Boy Stabs School Senior to Death Over Girl

An 18-year-old student of a secondary school in Lagos State, Benjamin Sunday, has been charged for murder before a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja, for allegedly stabbing his senior in school, Mayowa Akinoye, during a fight over a girl.


Read Full Story


An 18-year-old student of a secondary school in Lagos State, Benjamin Sunday, has been charged for murder before a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja, for allegedly stabbing his senior in school, Mayowa Akinoye, during a fight over a girl.
Sunday who lives with his parents at No. 4, Haruna Street, Ifako area of the state, was accused of stabbing Akinoye with a broken bottle after both of them returned from the Africa Shrine.
During interrogation by the police, the accused reportedly confessed to the crime.

“The problem started at the Africa Shrine. When I was leaving at 5am, I saw Mayowa who was my senior in school with six girls. They were also at the shrine and about to go as well. So we all left.
One of Mayowa’s girls started abusing me and I also abused her. Instead of Mayowa to ask the girl to stop abusing me, he shouted at me and I refused to stop as well. The next thing, Mayowa gave me a blow and we started a  fight.
It was during the fight that I broke a bottle and stabbed him.”
During his arraignment, the state counsel, Akin George, informed the court that the offence was contrary to Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2011.
After listening to the witness, the judge adjourned the case to November 19 for continuation of trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment