Tuesday 12 January 2016

‘Teen Wolf’ Star Comes Out as Gay - Find Out Who !

‘Teen Wolf’ star Charlie Carver came out as gay on Jan. 11 with the absolute sweetest message ever on Instagram. 
Charlie Carver
Charlie Carver, 27, one of the stars of the MTV hit Teen Wolf share a very touching message in a series of Instagram posts that explained to fans that he identifies as a gay man.
He says he was inspired to finally come out by a quote he saw online. “Be who you needed when you were younger.”

“Be who you needed when you were younger,” read the message that Charlie saw that inspired him to come out to the world. “I’m not one for inspirational quotes. It struck me for some reason.” Charlie took to Instagram to explain why he decided to finally come clean. “As a young boy, I knew I wanted to be an actor. It was around that age that I also knew, however abstractly, that I was different from some of the other boys in my grade.”

Charlie had this realization when he was twelve and finally was ready to tell himself, and his family, the truth.

“Over time, this abstract “knowing” grew and articulated itself through a painful gestation marked by feelings of despair and alienation, ending in a climax of saying three words out loud: ‘I am gay’.” However, something got in the way of being who he was in public. He did become an actor, and he didn’t want to put that in jeopardy. “If I came out, I feared I would be limiting myself to a type, to a perception with limits that I was not professionally comfortable with.”

No comments:

Post a Comment